Pages

Thursday, October 18, 2012

5 Little Pumpkins

 
While shopping at my favorite local farm yesterday afternoon I purchased one large pumpkin and explained to my kids that we were going to cut it open and explore the guts inside at daycare. So the owner ask me how many kids I watched and then kindly donated 5 pumpkins to my daycare kids for us to explore. 
 
First we took a look at the outside and guess what would be on the inside.

 
                                                   PUMPKIN GUTS!!! was what we found.

Then we decided to extract the seeds. 
 

This became a sensory bin, fine motor activity, science lesson.

                                                                    and a taste testing
 
what a perfect fall morning.
 
Thank you Oakridge Acres for the pumpkins we had so much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment